Join the 2019-2020 Diocesan Youth Board!
There is still time to submit applications to join the 2019-2020 Diocesan Youth Board but time is slipping away! The Diocesan Youth Board is a group of High School Teens who commit for a two-year term to come together to be developed as leaders in the Church, to pray together, to create community with each other, to facilitate programs throughout the Diocese, and so much more. We like to have fun together, for sure, but it is not something to be entered into lightly. The Youth Board is an essential part of some of our biggest youth events throughout the year and we need people who are willing to put in the time and give their all to make these events the best they can be.
Youth Board Eligibility & Requirements
- Catholic youth (generally) in their sophomore or junior year of high school
- Board members will serve a term of two years
- Membership will be reviewed each new year by member and staff
- Successful candidates will:
- Show parish and/or school leadership ability
- Responsible, dedicated--evidence of follow-through on commitments.
- Able to fulfill the time commitment involved
- Recognize responsibilities as a representative for their area/schools
- The application process must be completed in its entirety
- The candidates chosen to serve on the Youth Board are required to attend the Youth Board Formation Weekend(s) (early fall), the three Ignite Youth Rally Weekends, and participate as able to in additional meetings to complete tasks for rallies.
- In addition, the Youth Board members will be expected to participate when possible in diocesan youth functions.
- The review and selection of candidates will be determined by the Youth, Young Adult and Campus Ministry Office staff.
If you know a junior or senior high school student who loves their Catholic faith and shows leadership skills, invite them to apply and share their gifts and talents with their peers across the diocese.